Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sugar ship line up at ports increases

Row of ships in ports for shipment of sugar increases from 32 to 43

The total number of ships waiting to embark sugar at Brazilian ports rose from 32 to 43 for the week ended May 22, according to a survey done by the shipping agency Williams Brazil

The report considers vessels already anchored and those who are waiting for berthing and also those that will arrive by the 14th of June. 1.35 million tons of sugar are scheduled to load. The largest amount will be loaded at the Port of Santos, whence will come out 1.01 million tons, or 75% of the total. Paranagu√° liable for the remaining 25%, or 335,000 tons. In Santos, the terminal will embark 474,100 tonnes for Cosan during the period. At the end of line Copersucar, shipments should total 326,800 tons, while for Cargill, 42,000 tons, and Noble, 173 600 tons. Much of the volume to be exported is the variety VHP - sugar Raw high polarization - with 1.29 million tons. VHP is shipped in bulk. There are no records for shipments of sugar type A-45 in the period. Already refined sugar crystal B-150 totaling 52,700 tons. Crystal sugar and A45 are shipped bagged.